Riverview

Riverview
Winding Path - Photo by Michaela Horton

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

After Christmas

My Christmas was amazing this year. I was able to spend time with family and friends. We watched a marathon of Christmas Movies and then we played games. I think one of my new favorite traditions with my mom and aunt at christmas is having a glass of wine while we finish wrapping the presents while watching White Christmas.  I know I have been trying to get away from just blog posts that update where I am and what I've been up to but I'm so excited about this I want to share. I was inspired over this Christmas. I had time to look around and check different things out and I think I came up with my first DIY Idea for this blog. I hope this is the first in a long list of many ideas for DIY.

As for Christmas some of my favorite gifts to give this year were the gifts I made. My dad who is an endless source of inspiration for me graduated with his college degree in 2011. I was lucky enough to take the trip to North Dakota for his graduation. I took lots of pictures while we were there and for Christmas I put it together in a scrapbook so he would always have the memories to look back on. 




The other gift I put together was for my sister. I had a little help from Blurb with this gift. My sister gave birth to my niece on October 17th 2011. I was lucky enough to spend most of her first month with her and was able to gather a great number of pictures. I put together for my sister a book of all Lilly's pictures from her first month. She was very touched by this gift. 


Here is  my niece at one month with her Mommy's baby picture on the left. I am so lucky to have such a great family and to make so many wonderful memories with them. And look two posts in one month. I hope this trend keeps on going!

Have a happy NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment